View Profile TurkeyOnAStick

71 Movie Reviews

If he was as dumb as this makes him out to be he would have suggested injecting disinfectant at a coronavirus task force briefing.

Oh, yes!

5'ing, since we need more tutorials In the portal.

As a comment, I think with cave walls it's ok to be slightly brain-dead and let the brushes you are using to establish rock formations randomly.

I think the stuff you said about references and lighting is great. But I think it's worth underlining to think about where the light source is. Is the light coming from the viewer, or the subjects in your scene?

Hyptosis responds:

Yeah, all good points. The light for this project kinda has to be faked, the light in general would be from the character in the scene, or the viewer of the image, I tried to make the light come from the center of the 'room' and slightly elevated as a generic light source for all scene sprites. Making games is hard ;_;

64 Game Reviews

What bugs me is that while we both have a looky-findy game published around the same time, your games been coded so that I could expect somebody could play this game on a phone, which is a huge plus.

Not to mention all the pixel artwork from the almighty Poxpower.

*grumble grumble 10/10*

deathink responds:

Your game came out so good my man! I am kinda bummed I didn't get to make something for it, I was really strapped for time, and just barely finished my own stuff. (in fact I was a day late with a commission just to put my game out on time). Keep up the good work Rob.

Phew, finally managed to get to the end, so now I can feel like I can write a fair review.

If you're looking for a game to play for 2-3 hours, complete and forget about, do something else.
If you love Zelda games, give this game a good thrashing.

I have spent the past week playing this game, and it's a lot of fun. There is so much stuff to explore in this game, the enemies will give you a good fight, and the bosses can be REAL monsters. But never let that deter you, since it takes time to recognise strategies to beat them (especially on the final one).

Sticking with it, I have learnt the game is extremely rewarding. Apart from the usual moonstone and heart piece pick-ups for exploring, there are items for acting with citizens and the sense of accomplishment for beating certain areas is great.

The pixel artwork is top quality. I think that the pixel style is a bit overdone in these games, since I think we need to move with the times. But I will say that there is a lot of creativity and imagination, and looking back there are so many different backgrounds, creatures, people ... along with cut scenes and flashbacks. The artist did a great job.

===HINTS FOR THE GAME===
- Don't piss off the bees.

Overall a fantastic game, especially if you love exploring. Despite finishing the game, I've still got 34% more to complete, so I'd better make some progress ...

I don't understand the appeal of 2048 clones. Just play the original.

There is nothing new about this version, just the numbers being replaced by letters. A = 2, B = 4, ... , and K = 512.

It's easier than 2048, because you're two steps short.

Frederik77 responds:

Well, when a game is open sourced that's a sort of invitation for other developers to make clones and variations. And everybody's cloning 2048 these days. I'm not claiming this clone is high art, it's just a nice playable puzzle with a different graphics style from the original. If you're looking for a more interesting variation, I also made Triangular 2048, which alters the gameplay, not just the graphics: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/639274

By the way, you counted wrong, lol. :D

2 Audio Reviews

This needs a music video or something, because there's an ever-changing narrative going-on as the track progresses. Really like the section with the piano near the start.

Happy Robot Day, by the way!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Wow, yeah! A music video would actually be pretty awesome for this :D
There's no way it'll happen unless I animate it myself though. Within 10 years, I'll try to get into drawing and animation slowly too, hehhe...

Thanks a lot for the review! Your Bearbot is awesome :3

Happy Robot Day, hey hey hey!

Yup

I was holding back my review on this 'til the results were announced ...

... but you 100% nailed the gruff, stressed-out voice I thought the Monkey dude would have. Sounds like he has a hint of Frasier Crane about him as well.

Excellent job!

SirKillington responds:

Thank you very much! Glad I made something ya enjoyed :D

214 Art Reviews

Here’s a review.

I think the content of your pics are ok, although if your’e going for solid areas of colour it’s prob best not to try for details like individual blades of grass and instead consider layers of shapes.

It would be would be worthwhile to be consistent with how you handle shading as well - either as solid shapes (underneath the girl) or slightly transparent (underneath the fence).

Fulwiht responds:

Thank you for the review.

If a submission's unfinished, can you mark it as a sketch in future, please? It sticks out amongst other finished artworks on the art portal page.

Juicedupmangoes responds:

Oh, sorry about that. I'll do it next time

*spits out coffee*
Good golly this is a treat for the eyes. Detail is stunning, simple palette is eye-catching and good control of areas of solid black. Hats off to you, sir.

Hey