Be a Supporter!

AIM
TurkeyOAS

Tibetan Fox Returns Tibetan Fox Returns

@Sonnyisme
... except THIS video is from 2010.

So it's either worth 10/10 for being a fun simple joke about a buzz killer,
or 10/10 for an apparently precognitive ability about a 2013 video.

Certainly not a 0/10 for a video that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ANIMATION.

is my point view.

Apple's Shocking iPhone Apple's Shocking iPhone

... why are their heads on the crotch?

Apart from this meaningless distraction, and the other random-for-the-sake-of-it stuff, it just the same ol' iBullshit gag I've heard for the past ten years.

The animation is good, it's just a shame the ideas in this video wastes it.

Making cover for my book Making cover for my book

This really didn't need recording.
It's you shifting text around in a timelapse. Normally timelapse art is to see how a painting forms from raw roots to detailed rendering. There is nothing worth watching here.

Super Rad Awesome Super Rad Awesome

What bugs me is that while we both have a looky-findy game published around the same time, your games been coded so that I could expect somebody could play this game on a phone, which is a huge plus.

Not to mention all the pixel artwork from the almighty Poxpower.

*grumble grumble 10/10*

deathink responds:

Your game came out so good my man! I am kinda bummed I didn't get to make something for it, I was really strapped for time, and just barely finished my own stuff. (in fact I was a day late with a commission just to put my game out on time). Keep up the good work Rob.

Phoenotopia Phoenotopia

Phew, finally managed to get to the end, so now I can feel like I can write a fair review.

If you're looking for a game to play for 2-3 hours, complete and forget about, do something else.
If you love Zelda games, give this game a good thrashing.

I have spent the past week playing this game, and it's a lot of fun. There is so much stuff to explore in this game, the enemies will give you a good fight, and the bosses can be REAL monsters. But never let that deter you, since it takes time to recognise strategies to beat them (especially on the final one).

Sticking with it, I have learnt the game is extremely rewarding. Apart from the usual moonstone and heart piece pick-ups for exploring, there are items for acting with citizens and the sense of accomplishment for beating certain areas is great.

The pixel artwork is top quality. I think that the pixel style is a bit overdone in these games, since I think we need to move with the times. But I will say that there is a lot of creativity and imagination, and looking back there are so many different backgrounds, creatures, people ... along with cut scenes and flashbacks. The artist did a great job.

===HINTS FOR THE GAME===
- Don't piss off the bees.

Overall a fantastic game, especially if you love exploring. Despite finishing the game, I've still got 34% more to complete, so I'd better make some progress ...

A to K A to K

I don't understand the appeal of 2048 clones. Just play the original.

There is nothing new about this version, just the numbers being replaced by letters. A = 2, B = 4, ... , and K = 512.

It's easier than 2048, because you're two steps short.

Frederik77 responds:

Well, when a game is open sourced that's a sort of invitation for other developers to make clones and variations. And everybody's cloning 2048 these days. I'm not claiming this clone is high art, it's just a nice playable puzzle with a different graphics style from the original. If you're looking for a more interesting variation, I also made Triangular 2048, which alters the gameplay, not just the graphics: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/639274

By the way, you counted wrong, lol. :D

NGF11-Monkey Business NGF11-Monkey Business

Yup

I was holding back my review on this 'til the results were announced ...

... but you 100% nailed the gruff, stressed-out voice I thought the Monkey dude would have. Sounds like he has a hint of Frasier Crane about him as well.

Excellent job!

SirKillington responds:

Thank you very much! Glad I made something ya enjoyed :D

Gathering Gathering

Oh wow, I love everything about this. Not just the kaleidoscopic look, but the cool colours all coming together into a warm middle. Inspirational stuff.

AKS9 responds:

thanks for the nice comment mate

First Boot First Boot

this is my favourite flood pic, since nothing wins over more than a picture that sets a scene well. I think you've come far with your paintwork, and it looks like you're able to do the kind of brushwork that LaserKarl used to do.

Will this be an entry to the jazza contest?

Havegum responds:

Thank you very much!
And yes, it'll be my entry for the Jazza contest. I got some solid feedback I'm gonna work on applying those before entering

Just for you babygurl Just for you babygurl

Looks warm and squelchy!
I like the finger-whirl patterns you've got going on in the heart. You've got a very scrappy style going on in the picture, although I'd prefer some even spacing between the lines on the heart.

My only other comment is that I think some of the yellow from the walls should be reflected back into the heart, especially in the shaded areas. That's the one thing that bugs me.

P.s. Happy post v-day, jack!

JackDCurleo responds:

Thanks for the review, TOAS, much appreciated. I definitely agree with you on the point of having the yellow reflect onto the heart itself, even if I had put more thought into the background from the beginning I still probably would have neglected to do that; so thank you for bringing it up so that I can take that into account for future drawings. Also taking another look at it, I do agree that the lines having a more even space - or even just more consistent spacing - would more thsn likely benefit the readability of the heart's shape.
Thanks again and Happy post V-day to you too.