Be a Supporter!

TurkeyOAS

Tibetan Fox Returns Tibetan Fox Returns

Rated 5 / 5 stars January 24, 2014

@Sonnyisme
... except THIS video is from 2010.

So it's either worth 10/10 for being a fun simple joke about a buzz killer,
or 10/10 for an apparently precognitive ability about a 2013 video.

Certainly not a 0/10 for a video that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ANIMATION.

is my point view.

Apple's Shocking iPhone Apple's Shocking iPhone

Rated 2 / 5 stars December 31, 2013

... why are their heads on the crotch?

Apart from this meaningless distraction, and the other random-for-the-sake-of-it stuff, it just the same ol' iBullshit gag I've heard for the past ten years.

The animation is good, it's just a shame the ideas in this video wastes it.

Making cover for my book Making cover for my book

Rated 1 / 5 stars August 27, 2013

This really didn't need recording.
It's you shifting text around in a timelapse. Normally timelapse art is to see how a painting forms from raw roots to detailed rendering. There is nothing worth watching here.

A to K A to K

Rated 1 / 5 stars 1 month ago

I don't understand the appeal of 2048 clones. Just play the original.

There is nothing new about this version, just the numbers being replaced by letters. A = 2, B = 4, ... , and K = 512.

It's easier than 2048, because you're two steps short.

Frederik77 responds:

Well, when a game is open sourced that's a sort of invitation for other developers to make clones and variations. And everybody's cloning 2048 these days. I'm not claiming this clone is high art, it's just a nice playable puzzle with a different graphics style from the original. If you're looking for a more interesting variation, I also made Triangular 2048, which alters the gameplay, not just the graphics: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/639274

By the way, you counted wrong, lol. :D

Pokemon Beige Version Pokemon Beige Version

Rated 5 / 5 stars June 3, 2014

The medals work, and I earned them all.

2048 2048

Rated 2 / 5 stars April 2, 2014

"This game is based on Gabriele Cirulli's 2048 (http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/). Actually it's pretty much a blatant ripoff. But, it does have highscores and medals."

The two things that stick out for me are:
- You really could have tried putting an original spin on this, rather than making a clone + leaderboard + medals, and
- Preloader advert :( C'mon, you're making money off of somebody else's idea. That's not cool.

NGF11-Monkey Business NGF11-Monkey Business

Rated 5 / 5 stars January 3, 2012

Yup

I was holding back my review on this 'til the results were announced ...

... but you 100% nailed the gruff, stressed-out voice I thought the Monkey dude would have. Sounds like he has a hint of Frasier Crane about him as well.

Excellent job!

SirKillington responds:

Thank you very much! Glad I made something ya enjoyed :D

Hello? Hello?

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars May 19, 2014

I think this could be a great pic, given more polish. There is some great rosy-warm colours going on all around this picture; the change of colour in your shading/highlighting is also nice. I quite like the ripple effect in the bed sheets from the flowing brush strokes.

But, as I said, it needed more refinement. She has chubby fingers, which was the first thing I noticed since we can't see her face. She also doesn't seem to be holding the phone correctly; since we can't see the top half we're lead to believe that her hand is clenched tightly around bit you talk into, which looks wrong. The few places you did put linework didn't really need it since they're contrasted either by the colour of the bed or the shading of her body. BUT the telephone on the bed prob needs more definition.

CryBurger responds:

She's got elephantitis in her hands though :C
Nah really, thanks for the review!

Owl Owl

Rated 5 / 5 stars May 16, 2014

Looks great! Is this based on a photo?
The linework is crisp and smooth, and I think the eyes are done well. I think the thickness of the lines around the nose could be slimmer, but otherwise I can't fault the picture.

Cheers for taking part, I thought this was going to be a really weak art forum activity.

Angreh Burfs! Angreh Burfs!

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 16, 2014

Backgrounds are noobs! But it helps slightly adjusting the colours of your subjects so that they look like they belong in your background. In this case, a blueish/green tint would help.

Nice job trying to draw realistic versions! You've gone to a high level of detail, and the three little blue birds look great! The red jay does look a bit asymmetric, though. Thanks for taking part!

Luwano responds:

Thanks for your input. I always forget about "joining" foreground and background. In this case I ran out of time and just did something that indicated some kind of movement. The red bird was the first I did and the blue birds were the last. I felt I learned a bit along the way. Red's eye is lopsided and I am not sure about the eye position of the top-right blue one.

Thanks for hosting another flood and for your advice.