Be a Supporter!

AIM
TurkeyOAS

Tibetan Fox Returns Tibetan Fox Returns

@Sonnyisme
... except THIS video is from 2010.

So it's either worth 10/10 for being a fun simple joke about a buzz killer,
or 10/10 for an apparently precognitive ability about a 2013 video.

Certainly not a 0/10 for a video that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ANIMATION.

is my point view.

Apple's Shocking iPhone Apple's Shocking iPhone

... why are their heads on the crotch?

Apart from this meaningless distraction, and the other random-for-the-sake-of-it stuff, it just the same ol' iBullshit gag I've heard for the past ten years.

The animation is good, it's just a shame the ideas in this video wastes it.

Making cover for my book Making cover for my book

This really didn't need recording.
It's you shifting text around in a timelapse. Normally timelapse art is to see how a painting forms from raw roots to detailed rendering. There is nothing worth watching here.

Super Rad Awesome Super Rad Awesome

What bugs me is that while we both have a looky-findy game published around the same time, your games been coded so that I could expect somebody could play this game on a phone, which is a huge plus.

Not to mention all the pixel artwork from the almighty Poxpower.

*grumble grumble 10/10*

deathink responds:

Your game came out so good my man! I am kinda bummed I didn't get to make something for it, I was really strapped for time, and just barely finished my own stuff. (in fact I was a day late with a commission just to put my game out on time). Keep up the good work Rob.

Phoenotopia Phoenotopia

Phew, finally managed to get to the end, so now I can feel like I can write a fair review.

If you're looking for a game to play for 2-3 hours, complete and forget about, do something else.
If you love Zelda games, give this game a good thrashing.

I have spent the past week playing this game, and it's a lot of fun. There is so much stuff to explore in this game, the enemies will give you a good fight, and the bosses can be REAL monsters. But never let that deter you, since it takes time to recognise strategies to beat them (especially on the final one).

Sticking with it, I have learnt the game is extremely rewarding. Apart from the usual moonstone and heart piece pick-ups for exploring, there are items for acting with citizens and the sense of accomplishment for beating certain areas is great.

The pixel artwork is top quality. I think that the pixel style is a bit overdone in these games, since I think we need to move with the times. But I will say that there is a lot of creativity and imagination, and looking back there are so many different backgrounds, creatures, people ... along with cut scenes and flashbacks. The artist did a great job.

===HINTS FOR THE GAME===
- Don't piss off the bees.

Overall a fantastic game, especially if you love exploring. Despite finishing the game, I've still got 34% more to complete, so I'd better make some progress ...

A to K A to K

I don't understand the appeal of 2048 clones. Just play the original.

There is nothing new about this version, just the numbers being replaced by letters. A = 2, B = 4, ... , and K = 512.

It's easier than 2048, because you're two steps short.

Frederik77 responds:

Well, when a game is open sourced that's a sort of invitation for other developers to make clones and variations. And everybody's cloning 2048 these days. I'm not claiming this clone is high art, it's just a nice playable puzzle with a different graphics style from the original. If you're looking for a more interesting variation, I also made Triangular 2048, which alters the gameplay, not just the graphics: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/639274

By the way, you counted wrong, lol. :D

NGF11-Monkey Business NGF11-Monkey Business

Yup

I was holding back my review on this 'til the results were announced ...

... but you 100% nailed the gruff, stressed-out voice I thought the Monkey dude would have. Sounds like he has a hint of Frasier Crane about him as well.

Excellent job!

SirKillington responds:

Thank you very much! Glad I made something ya enjoyed :D

Sakura-SOU! Sakura-SOU!

"I'm quite proud of this one still, as looking back from it now I realized how much I had improved and learnt along the way! And this one was looking at a reference!!"

This isn't certainly isn't referenced. It's traced. It lines up perfectly.
I'm quite annoyed by this, because you're trying to be deceptive with your author comments.

Leave your traced artwork out of the art portal, and if we find out your other stuff is also misleading you will be pruned.

... also I hope you don't plan on making commisions using traced artwork.

Super Chibi Knight Super Chibi Knight

*nods approvingly at Lurkin's Chibi Knight entry*
Hope you're enjoying your copy of the game!

LurkinMcClerkin responds:

Thank you. And I am.

Bayonetta: One Piece Bayonetta: One Piece

I will say that I like all the details you have on your character, such as the jewellery on the necklace, and it's a nice colour icey blue colour scheme ...

... but I wanted to mention that the pose is really awkward. You've twisted her shoulders around to face the viewer ... but by doing so the arm on the floor is brought further back. Since it's also off to the side of her body and bent, her arm isn't supporting her and she would topple. This is why one-armed floor press exercises are difficult!

I admire that you're trying to be adventurous with poses, but I find it's very distracting to the rest of the pic when they don't work.

Mckodem responds:

I had not actually taken into account that the shoulder would be pushed back when bringing the shoulders forwards. Thanks.

I agree that the pose is awkward (having just tried it) but I don't think that the pose is broken. The hand on the floor isn't bend, but maybe moving the hand more into the center of her pose would help with balance.

Thank you very much for the feedback, it really helps me.